The train journey from Inle Lake to Yangon is particularly slow. The only direct train to Yangon spends several hours waiting at Thazi station on route before commencing the second leg of the journey to Yangon. Travelling by bus on this route is a better option.
Train Times to Yangon
There are is one direct train per day from Shwenyaung Railway Station (the closest station to Inle Lake) to Yangon.
|14:40 (+1 Day)
|30 hr 40 m
Bus Times to Yangon
There is one direct bus a day from Nyaungshwe (a town at the northern end of Inle Lake) to Yangon which you can book online.
|12 hr 00 m
- One way bus ticket: $ 22.00
Buy Tickets to Yangon
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Inle Lake to Yangon.
- Bus tickets and flights from Inle Lake are available to book through the Search Box above. At the present time train tickets from Inle Lake to Yangon are not available to buy online.
Location of Shwenyaung Train Station
Train services from Inle Lake depart from Shwenyaung Train Station.
Inle Lake Bus Station
Bus services from Inle Lake to Yangon depart from the Odyssey JJ Express Office on Yone Gyi Street in Nyaungshwe.
Location of Yangon Train Station
Train services from Inle Lake terminate at Yangon Central Station.
Yangon Bus Station
Bus services from Inle Lake terminate at Aung Mingalar Highway Bus Station in Yangon.
About Travel from Yangon
If you have travelled to Yangon from the north of Yangon, there are a number of accessible places of interest to visit to the west and the east of Yangon. Poor transport infrastructure, lack of suitable accommodation and restrictions on travel at the present time make travel to the southern part of Myanmar difficult particularly the large number of islands to large number of islands in the Andaman sea on the same latitude as Chumphon in Thailand which are believed to have massive potential as scuba diving sites.
Our four recommendations for onward travel from Yangon are:
- Ngwe Saung Beach: Easily reached by by 7 to 8 hour bus journey Ngwe Suang Beach is the closest beach to Yangon, and a more laid back, less developed and cheaper destination than the more famous Ngapali Beach. See more information about travel from Yangon to Ngwe Saung Beach.
- Bago: Only 1 hour 45 minutes from Yangon by train, Bago is an interesting historic town with plenty of temples and palaces to visit. See more information about train travel from Yangon to Bago.
- Kyaiktiyo: Only 5 hours from Yangon by train, Kyaiktiyo is a small town at the start of a large mountain range. The main attraction is the nearby Golden Rock Pagoda which is perched on the edge of a cliff. See more information about travel from Yangon to Kyaiktiyo.
- Mawlamyine: Slightly under 10 years by train from Yangon, Mawlamyine is Myanmar’s 4th largest town. The town is located on large river delta and an interesting place to visit in it’s own right, and also a connection point for travel by road to the border with Thailand at Myawaddy. See more information about train travel from Yangon to Mawlamyine.